Sunday, January 4, 2009

Pre- New Orleans

Well, it's six days before the departure to New Orleans and, truthfully, I have no idea what to expect.  I have never been to New Orleans and look forward to the experience and the opportunity to volunteer with the Bonners there. Based on Spike Lee's film, I can gather that the area is still greatly in need of help.  I am very interested to see the current state of New Orleans, years after Katrina hit.  Also, I am curious as to the work that I will be doing. I have never really built anything, but hope to learn and to be able to play an important role in the rebuilding of, not only homes, but people's lives.  Finally, I look forward to touring the city, encountering the people and experiencing a different culture within my own country.  

No comments: