Thursday, January 15, 2009

Kevins amazing lesson by Kevin Gabel

In life one has many stages a person goes through.  The early stages in ones life determine the path for the future.  Whether it is marriage, retirement, or having children, the time of ones life becomes important when he or she makes the choices which determine everything.
           In this stage of life i realize that my life and the life of everyone else is determined by the ones surrounding one.  I am so glad to be with a group of young and inspiring people who have one of the greatest influence in my life.
           New Orleans is the spot to be.  From the first day we have arrived until now we have gained so much.  Today is thursday and me and the crew i am working with have almost finished the entire job.  We had to put sheets of vinyl around the entire house.   I have never thought of working on something like this.  It is definitely a great feeling to know that there are people out there to help out others in a case of a disaster, like hurricane Katrina.  It is not only the material we put on the house or the work that we provide, but moreover the spirit of optimism we brought with us and shared with those who needed this spirit.  These people really needed help.  The thing is that they didn't ask for help.  They prayed for help and their prayers were accepted.  I have learned so many different lessons i can bring back home to teach others who need to learn the value of helping others in need without asking for it.  I have a great smile on y face whenever i know that i have helped someone in need.  All of the people i work with are the nicest people ever who are going to make it far in life.  I know that i can always really on these people.  I do not call them my friends.  I call them my family. 

No comments: