Thursday, January 15, 2009

Anticipation!

Day 2

The first day off to work was one of the most exciting days of the trip. I anticipated meeting the home owner(s), working together with my group, and most importantly, making an impact on someone's life. I couldn't wait to pick up a tool and have a major, out-of-my-element job to do! Of course this is not what we got to start off doing, but I learned quickly that it did not matter how large the job, but how well i did it and with as much passion as possible. I made a goal at the conclusion of day 2 to focus on things I would not normally focus on.

Day 3

Today was definitely a motivating day. As the hours progressed I noticed how well my teammates and I got along and worked together. This really triggered my desire to keep putting forth as much effort as I could in each task.
I'll admit I am a big "bonding" person and love a comfortable atmosphere among people I am working with. I was so excited that our group achieved this so quickly and stuck with it.
I know I'm rambling and repeating myself,but it really helped me to open up and enjoy this trip even more!

No comments: