Saturday, January 17, 2009

Last full day

Today our home owner took us on a tour to Bay, St. Louis. I am really going to miss his tours because we usually got one everyday after lunch. First we picked up lumber in Lowes and drove to the Bay. He showed us where a lot of stores used to be and where a lot of people abandoned their houses and still have not returned. We went to the dock of the bay and looked out into the water. We were actually able to see the oysters at the bottom which is something we wouldnt have in Jersey. Next he took us to a dock that overlooked the gulf of Mexico. That was a breath taking sight. I would have never thought I would get a chance to see the Gulf of Mexico and it made me even happier to be here. I took so many pictures of the water and the beautiful houses on the coast. I really wish everyone on this trip could get a tour like we did.
Later at night we went out to eat in New Orleans. I tried raw oysters and crocodile sausages for the first time. They really didnt taste as bad as I imagined. We did some light shopping and went to a club afterwards. It was kinda slow at first but then it picked up and more people came in. I had such a good time with everybody and it was the perfect way to end the trip.
We are leaving here soon and I am going to miss this place. I am going to miss the warmer winter, the people, the food, and the experiences. I really hope I get a chance to come back here and do some more work. I am glad I came. :)

No comments: