Saturday, January 10, 2009

Heading out the door - last minute reflection.

All throughout winter break, people have asked me what I was doing/going to do with all my time. When I told them about this trip - the general reaction was that of shock and admiration. I am so proud to be apart of this phenomenal group of individuals. This trip is a tremendous opportunity to finally DO something. I know how gratifying this short week will be and how close we will all get by the end of it.
Harrowing disasters like Hurricane Katrina inspire people like us to help. It isn't enough to sympathize with the victims of the hurricane. Actions of course will always speak louder than words - and Bonner has always been about action. I don't know much about renovating and demolishing, but that really hasn't worried me. It's going to be a blast learning with all of you, working with all of you. I can't wait to see what such a small group of people will be able to accomplish in a short period of time.

See you guys soon!

No comments: