Friday, January 16, 2009

hmmm part 3

So I must admit I'm disappointed in the attitude I had yesterday. My post was rather bleak as a result. Today we had a minor setback in the beginning of the day. It was too cold to paint (?) so we had to wait and sorta construct a heater. After we got that going we were beasts. We finished the living room, the kitchen, and the bathroom completely, and were able to get one more ceiling done. It was awesome. We finally painted with something other than white! ORANGE! and I mean orange...like crayon orange. Macaroni and cheese. It was awesome. Today was a good day. We had a game plan that got switched around but we handled it efficiently. Outside there was still the framing for the windows caulking and then painting the newly framed windows. All in all today was an awesome end to the week. Though I feel like there's so much more to be done I'm so happy that I was able to be a part of this. I just wish I could stay longer. This trip was an eye opener. I was able to see a lot of situations from strictly a volunteer point of view rather than the planner. It was helpful to see what frustrated us as volunteers and what got us really excited. Hopefully we all took notice of things like this and will carry them back to Bonnerland with us. All in all awesome trip. Really looking forward to the city tonight...and um...curious....to see how the trip home goes. haha yay 20 hours in the vans! Hope you're all well!
~K

No comments: