Saturday, January 17, 2009

Last Day!

At our site this morning I felt a little disappointed that we were leaving. I find it really difficult to leave behind a house that you really want to finish.
However, I was very proud of the work we all accomplished!! My favorite part of course was learning all the new SKILLS -tilling,removing shingles off a (very)steep roof, and using all types of electric tools that I normally would hide from.

Oh and lastly:Last year when I left New Orleans I found myself much more confident, this trip I find myself leaving much more humble. I learned so much more significant information about what occured before and after Hurricane Katrina. I was almost angry about all of the details I knew nothing about. I'm really determined to appreciate how much I have and to not leave here purely confident, but also a little more humble. I'm thinking I can make it happen

No comments: