Sunday, January 4, 2009

Before the Trip

I can not believe that we will actually be leaving for this trip in less than a week. I am more excited with each day passing. Before watching Spike Lee's film, I was not as aware as to how much New Orleans is still in need of help. It was both devastating and heart warming to see how little the government did but yet how much the people did to help their fellow citizens and neighbors. I truly look forward to the learning experience of going to New Orleans,whether it be learning how to do contruction, learning about the city, or learning about a whole different culture from my own. I hope that the work that I am able to contribute will, as Ryan said so well, not only make a difference in terms of a buildng a house, but make a difference in someone's life as well. I am also anticipating a great time working with all of the Bonners, and hopefully creating stronger bonds with each and everyone through this wonderful opportunity.

No comments: