Saturday, January 17, 2009

Leaving in a few hours =[

Well I now have only a few hours before I leave MS. The week went by so fast I can't believe it. Last night we had dinner together at a restaurant, and went dancing. It was a lot of fun. I enjoyed myself on my last night in the city. 

This trip was amazing and I'm so glad I had the chance to experience this. Not a lot of people have an experience like this, and I feel really lucky to have had one so young. 

My goal is to go back home and educate my friends and family about the condition New Orleans and MS is still in. I was ignorant before coming to this trip. I did not know the seriousness of this catastrophe. It broke my heart to see the condition the homes were still in. 

Someday in the future I want to come back and meet a new family to reconstruct their lives. 

No comments: