Friday, January 9, 2009

NOLA Here We Come!

We leave for New Orleans tomorrow morning! I'm at the office now finishing up some of the planning and I can't wait to get on the road! Last year was my first time down in LA and it was an eye-opening experience. I was very disappointed with the amount of work that had been done and how many people we met that still were not able to live in their homes, so I am hoping to see more people living in their homes (not trailers) and that the quality of living for those people is higher (schools up and running, stores close by, and neighbors to talk to).

I am looking forward to three things on this trip:

1. Meeting more people from New Orleans
2. Working on a house and really pushing to get as much done for the homeowner as possible for the week we are there
3. Getting to spend time with the Bonners!!!

Finally, for those wondering how our trip is going to look, here is the tentative schedule:

Sat 8:30am - leave from TCNJ
Sunday afternoon arrive in NOLA, watch the Eagles beat the Giants, tour the 9th ward, eat dinner as a whole group
Monday - 1st day of work (our group will be working on 6 different houses)
Tuesday - 2nd day of work, meeting with the US Army Corps of Engineers
Wednesday - 3rd day of work, Scavenger Hunt in the french quarter
Thursday - 4th day of work, meeting with homeowners effected by the hurricane
Friday - last day of work
Saturday morning depart for TCNJ

Well hope that gives you a good idea of our plans! Enjoy the blog, I'm sure we will all have meaningful and interesting things to say over the next week!

Britt

1 comment:

UknowWho97 said...

"Sunday afternoon arrive...watch the Eagles beat the Giants"

It will certainly be a good game, I'm not claiming to know who will win cause it's a toss up...but they're the champs man, don't get your hopes up.

I'll be checking your blog w/ regularity, I hope/know I'll read good things. Use that new fangled technological phone thingy of yours to take sweet pictures. Be safe.

P.S. Where's Brower's blog?