Saturday, January 17, 2009

I have procrastinated - again.

We're about to head away from Olive Tree, so I suppose this is the best time to reflect on my time here. I know I am leaving NOLA changed. I've gained a whole new sensitivity to the events preceding/following Katrina. I more aware of the pain felt by those affected by Katrina after personally hearing their accounts. Last but not least - I have perfected my painting technique :] This week was a huge amount of fun. We might not have built a house from scratch, but every layer of paint we applied to a wall was one less layer of paint our homeowner needed to worry about. We poured ourselves into our work, ultimately feeling accomplished and satisfied with all that we had done. I have laughed, felt, and thought so much on this trip. It feels wonderful to be awakened this way. After a lazy month of doing absolutely nothing, this is just what I needed to remind me of what it feels like to be proactive.

No comments: