Monday, January 19, 2009

Night at Pearlington

On Thursday night we went to Pearlington camp in Mississippi. Going to this camp really opened my eyes to how much devastation hurricane Katrina caused. My ignorance about the whole situation lead me to believe that Katrina had only devastated the city of New Orleans and other places were unharmed. However, visiting Pearlington showed that still after three and a half years people outside of New Orleans were still feeling the stress and pain of recovering from Katrina. The fight and resilience of the home owners inspired me to work through my own battles. They made me see the light at the end of my own tunnel and made me believe that if people can go through something like losing their home and all of their possessions then they could live through anything.

No comments: