Friday, January 9, 2009

New Orleans!

I can’t believe we’re leaving for new Orleans tomorrow! I know that this trip is going to be absolutely life-changing. I honestly feel so lucky to be able to go on this trip with such an amazing group of people! I know that we’ll make a world of a difference while were down there and have such a great time! I’ve never been to New Orleans before so I really have no clue what to expect. I remember watching the news and seeing all of the devastation when Hurricane Katrina hit, but watching Spike Lee’s documentary really was shocking to me. It was terrible to watch how the people of New Orleans were completely ignored and I was horrified to see and hear about the current conditions there. I really excited to be able to make a difference in the lives of those who were so horribly affected by the Hurricane. I cant wait to have a great week of service, learning, and spending time with all of you guys! <3 Rachel

No comments: